You’re a self-published author (Thanks Lulu!) but are you wondering how to take your book to the next level? What if you were an award winning self-published author? Yeah, that has a nice ring to it.If you are interested in earning some accolades, here are a few contest and award opportunities for self-published, independent publishers (this is great for Lulus with a “Published By You” ISBN – you’re the publisher), or niche books.The 2008 News Generation Indie Book Awards:
- Open to independent authors and publishers worldwide
- Cash prizes and fabulous awards!
- Click here for more information and to enter
- Deadline: March 21, 2008 (you need to hurry and publish your book if you already haven’t!)
The “IPPY” Awards (Independent Publisher Book Awards)
- All independent, university, small press, and self-publishers who produce books intended for the North American market are eligible to enter titles copyrighted or released in 2007. Independent authors using print-on-demand publishing services are welcome to enter their books themselves.
- Regional and National level awards in 65 different categories
- Click here for the scoop and how to enter
- Deadline: April 1, 2008 (a few more weeks… but still you might want to get a move on it)
- Searching for the best self-published books form the past few years
- Over $15,000 in prizes
- Click here for the details and how to enter
- Deadline: May 1, 2008 (you have a month and some change to get your book together).