Over the past several months, we have heard our international customers tell us that our shipping costs are too high and that we need to change things. In March, Nick discussed some of the reasons behind these issues and promised we would give the community more information as soon as we could. Meanwhile, the issues with international shipping have continued and the community has rightly questioned both the reasons behind them and what if anything can be done to lower the cost. We sincerely apologize for the frustration and inconvenience you have experienced from our current shipping methods, but we have been taking all of your feedback into account and have been working hard to resolve these issues once and for all.
We have already rolled out the following solutions, and we will continue to improve our offerings across the world.
- Expanded our capabilities in Europe. This should greatly reduce the shipping costs anywhere in Europe.
- Extended flat rate pricing in Europe on orders for one, two, and three books.
- Introduced flat rate pricing on international mail shipments on orders of one, two and three hardcover books from the US
Additionally, we are implementing the following changes that we hope to make available to you by the end of this summer:
- Expand our capabilities in Europe to produce more hardcover trim sizes to lower shipping rates on that product line.
- Analyze our pricing for Australian customers, and explore areas we could lower our shipping rates.
- Change U.S. and Canada domestic mail and ground shipments to competitive flat rates
- Expand our West Coast capabilities to lower shipping rates to West Coast customers
Implementing these changes requires significant upgrades to our current processes as well as our supply chain management, but with your support and feedback we are confident we can bring you continuous improvement.
Thank you all for your input and patience. We welcome your comments.