Hi Lulu fans,
You may have noticed over the past few hours the Lulu.com site was down while we put some big updates in place to bring you an even better self-publishing experience. 2012 will be a great year for lulu.com, and it’s just starting!
So, What’s New?
- Easier to Use – We’ve added registration-less checkout, enhanced checkout pages, updated the homepage, and refined other content across the site to make it easier than ever for creators to understand services, and for readers to find their titles.
- Speed – Browsing, searching and checkout are faster than ever, making it easier for readers to purchase your works.
- Enhanced Store Section – ¿Hablas Español? No problemo. You can now browse the US lulu.com store in Spanish. Additionally, you can now select a store that offers an online shopping experience based on your preferred language and currency.
- Improved Address Validation – You sent us a lot of feedback on address validation failures, so we have implemented changes to reduce the number of errors generated.
What is Coming Soon?
- International expansion – Stay tuned for even more options for our international audience.
- General API Availability – For our E-Commerce APIs and new Creator Revenue APIs
- Improved Marketing Tools – Even more ways to sell your books to your readers.
- Better Pricing – In addition to providing Lulu creators with the best revenue share in the industry, we are committed to offering you the most competitive pricing available.
What’s Going Away?
- Saved shipping addresses – Unfortunately, these will not carry over, but if you’d like your address book, just let us know at www.lulu.com/support, and we can provide a spreadsheet with the addresses in it. You’ll need to reenter any payment information as well.
- Any existing cart that is still open will not transfer to the new system, but you can easily add items to your new cart and checkout after the release.
- Weekly and monthly sales reports through e-mail. This data is still available in the “My Revenue” section under your “My Lulu” tab.
We welcome your feedback and encourage you to share any other ideas you have to improve our website. For more about the update, visit our forums and check back here in the coming weeks and months for information on even more Lulu news.