Lulu’s a place where individuality is “in.” People are celebrated for who they are – even us, the lowly interns. This how-to guide to being a Lulu documents our experiences working here. The philosophies we’ve picked up along the way are some of the same ones that go into Lulu’s approach to our authors: celebrate people, appreciate them, help them be remarkable. Without further ado, here’s how to fit in with the Lulu crowd.
- Develop a shtick. Seriously, everyone at Lulu is a character. For instance:
- Bob always wears red socks
- Manny has an extensive elephant collection
- Jonathan always tucks his t-shirts into his jeans and somehow pulls it off
- Hoard Pirate’s Booty Cheese Puffs from the break room. None of the other chips will fulfill your craving for cheesy goodness. Trust us. We’ve been there.
- Don’t drink the coffee labeled “Jet Fuel”- yes, it’s delicious, but you’ll be bouncing in your chair and will not be able to concentrate.
Continue Reading »