Whether you’re a writer, a designer, an artist, or any other professional, a knock-out portfolio using Lulu’s publishing wizard can help you stand out from the crowd and land your dream job.
To create a portfolio, first gather all your most remarkable work. Then, compile it into one PDF or Word document and publish it through our wizard. That’s it!
What happens if you have something worth adding to your portfolio after you publish? Simply add your new work to the original file, and revise your project.
Things to remember:
- Include your resume in the front of your portfolio. This way, you don’t risk having two separate pieces accidentally get separated. Future employers can quickly refer to the first page to get your employment history and contact information.
- Personal branding is important! Creating a portfolio with a cohesive design that represents you makes you more memorable.
- Pay special attention to the requirements for full bleed if your portfolio has images that go all the way to the edges.
- If you don’t want your portfolio to be sold to anyone but you, set it on private access in your project page.
- Keep a copy with you and extra copies on hand. You never know when you’ll meet someone who’ll want to see your work.