Lulu's globalREACH service makes your book available on Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com and other online retail sites. This service also creates a listing for your book with Ingram Book Company which allows brick and mortar stores to purchase your book. This service requires an ISBN.
- Must have an ISBN. You can get a free Lulu-owned ISBN, bring your own or purchase an ISBN via the yourISBN service.
- Requires a retail markup
- Must be an eligible book size and binding type (see chart below)
|U.S. Trade 6 x 9"||Color||Perfect Bound||32-480|
|U.S. Trade 6 x 9"||Black and White||Perfect Bound||32-740|
|U.S. Trade 6 x 9"||Black and White||Case Wrap||24-740|
|U.S. Trade 6 x 9"||Black and White||Dust Jacket||24-740|
|U.S. Letter 8.5 x 11"||Black and White||Perfect Bound||32-740|
|U.S. Letter 8.5 x 11"||Color||Perfect Bound||32-480|
|U.S. Letter 8.5 x 11"||Color||Saddle Stitch||4-48|
|Large Square 8.5 x 8.5"||Color||Perfect Bound||32-480|
|Large Square 8.5 x 8.5"||Color||Saddle Stitch||4-48|
|Royal 6.13 x 9.21"||Black and White||Perfect Bound||68-740|
|Crown Quatro 7.44 x 9.68"||Black and White||Perfect Bound||68-740|
|A4 8.26 x 11.69"||Black and White||Perfect Bound||68-740|
|A5 5.83 x 8.26"||Black and White||Perfect Bound||32-740|
What does this service include?
Lulu's globalREACH service lists your title with online retailers worldwide such as Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com approximately 6-8 weeks after your book is approved for distribution. Your book data will be sent to major bibliographic databases, Nielsen and Bowker. Brick and mortar bookstores will be able to order and stock your title through Ingram at their discretion. You will receive retail royalties on all books sold through globalREACH. Sales made through distribution listings will post in your account approximately 6-8 weeks after a customer purchases your book. Payment from these sales will be handled according to the remittance settings in your account.
How do I purchase a distribution package?
- Go to the "My Lulu" tab.
- Click the "Manage" link by the book title for which you would like to purchase distribution. If you do not see the link, be sure your book is eligible and not set to private access.
- After adding the distribution package to your cart, please complete the check out process. You will need to purchase your proof copy in a separate cart AFTER purchasing distribution.
After you purchase your distribution package:
- Take care to ensure that your book meets all Mandatory Requirements for Distribution. Create a revision of your book if necessary. Purchase a proof copy of the most recent version of the book. If you make any revisions, a new proof must be purchased and approved before the book will be submitted for distribution.
- After receiving and carefully reviewing the book, either:
- Approve the book on Lulu. Go to Step 4
- Deny the book and make changes. Go to Step 3.
- Make revisions and upload a new manuscript to your project. Go back to Step 2. See "How do I make changes before approving my book" to learn how to make changes.
- After you approve your proof copy in your account, your book will be uploaded to the distribution network and should begin to appear on online retail sites in 6-8 weeks. If rejected for not meeting requirements, you will be notified via e-mail during that time that the book must be revised. Go back to Step 1.
- The book becomes available for sale on Amazon.com and other online retail sites. If you enter the Publishing Wizard to make revisions to your book, the process starts over at step 2 with all the work and time involved. See "How do I make changes after approving my book?"