Joe Bott started collecting Japanese swords in the early 1950’s and was a founding member of the Japanese Sword Society of Southern California (Nanka Token Kai). This book contains his thoughts on how to start collecting Japanese swords along with the information needed to understand the basic concepts and terminology used in more advanced reference materials. This kind of information is often not available to readers who do not have access to instructors, collector associations or more experienced sword collectors. This book will attempt to bridge at least part of that gap. The book contains materials on:
• Important topics required to be successful in collecting Japanese swords.
• Graphics detailing basic terminology and the most seen features in swords.
• Charts for translating signatures, provinces, dates, periods and titles.
• Basic knowledge that is required to use more advanced references.
• A sword collectors thoughts on what is important for... More > sword collecting.< Less
Lulu Staff has been notified of a possible violation of the terms of our Membership Agreement. Our agents will determine if the content reported is inappropriate or not based on the guidelines provided and will then take action where needed.
Thank you for notifying us. We will email you with the results and/or actions taken as a result of the investigation if you chose to receive confirmation.