When I receive negative comments about my added weight, loss of hair, changed appearance or how much I’ve aged, I just say that it’s the joy of getting older. I NEVER tell them about the double vision, painful cramps, needing the bathroom 5 minutes after drinking, constant mood swings, panic attacks, depression, the itchy swollen eyes, or of course the VERY 'Un-Manly' tender breasts!
And so I wrote this book as a way of:
1) Helping other people with Graves Disease to realise that you’re not alone, even though you often feel very isolated.
2) Helping the ‘significant others’ of people with Graves Disease to realise that we love and appreciate you, no matter what we do and say when our minds are lost, confused and frightened.
3) Trying to understand exactly what this disease is.
4) Having at least one really good feel sorry for myself moment.
5) Venting a little anger and frustration.
6) Having a really cool way to respond to the finger pointers... More > out there, E.g. ‘Read The Bloody Book.’< Less
Lulu Staff has been notified of a possible violation of the terms of our Membership Agreement. Our agents will determine if the content reported is inappropriate or not based on the guidelines provided and will then take action where needed.
Thank you for notifying us. We will email you with the results and/or actions taken as a result of the investigation if you chose to receive confirmation.