This book is the King James Version of the first term of George W. Bush's presidency.
Get it? No? Well, general narrative samples include:
• The transfer of power from Clinton to Bush, which appropriates the narrative of Moses passing the leadership to Joshua.
• Bush's overseas visits, which uses the narrative of the Israelites moving from place to place during their sojourn in the Sinai Desert.
• Bush's decision to invade Iraq, which occurs when God appears to him in a burning bush and declares that Bush declare to Pharaoh Hussein to “let my Iraqi people go.”
Get it now? No? How about the first three sentences to get a feel?:
1. After the rule of Clinton the servant of the Lord, it came to pass that the Lord spoke to Bush the son of Bush, saying,
2. “Clinton My servant is gone. Now therefore, arise, go over this Mississippi, you and all your emissaries, to the land which I am giving to them, to the king’s... More > cabinet.
Now you got it. (right?)< Less
You must be logged in to post a review.
Please log in
People Reviewed This Product
By joshua itzkowitz
Oct 27, 2011
In Bush 2 Book 1, Martin Bodek chronicles the presidency of George W. Bush in a verse by verse, chapter by chapter, bible style writing. The book is fresh, original, and comical; Martin keeps things funny by tossing in a pop culture joke or two, and incorporates his unique sense of humor as well. One doesn't need to be involved, or even mildly interested, in politics to enjoy this book. The easy reading is convenient for anyone, and the comedic sense funny to anyone. A great read!!
An extremely easy read, I couldn't put it down. It was funny and entertaining, and I read it in one sitting. A very humorous & interesting perspective and or interpretation of the "2nd" Bush's first years in office-- A must read!!
I just finished reading this book and could not wait to share my opinion: an excellent (easy) read, well documented events, humorous and entertaining -- a historical review of GW Bush's first term as president written in biblical language with tongue-in-cheek footnotes. One does not have to be a hard-core democrat to enjoy this book nor be reminded of the tragic leadership decisions made during that time frame.
Lulu Staff has been notified of a possible violation of the terms of our Membership Agreement. Our agents will determine if the content reported is inappropriate or not based on the guidelines provided and will then take action where needed.
Thank you for notifying us. We will email you with the results and/or actions taken as a result of the investigation if you chose to receive confirmation.