Gifts From A Porcupine traces the struggles and successes resulting from the family’s adoption of a young child from Bogota, Colombia. Discovery of multiple disabilities seriously challenged the family—particularly, the author as both parent and professional educator. The book, therefore,
is divided into two perspectives: gifts of learning as a parent and gifts of learning as a professional. These lessons might benefit:
• Couples adopting children with special needs
• Parents and siblings of individuals with disabilities.
• Educators and educational support staff
• Professionals aiding dysfunctional families
• Members of families with bipolar disorder
This story gives promise to those seeking a positive outcome to a difficult journey.
Lulu Staff has been notified of a possible violation of the terms of our Membership Agreement. Our agents will determine if the content reported is inappropriate or not based on the guidelines provided and will then take action where needed.
Thank you for notifying us. We will email you with the results and/or actions taken as a result of the investigation if you chose to receive confirmation.