If God is really Love, why does God have to punish wrongdoing? Why is sin such a big deal to God? And if God is really Love, why is his punishment for wrongdoing so harsh? Why death?
There comes a... More > point when the traditional answers to questions such as these no longer really satisfy, but throw up yet more questions: does God value justice more than relationship? Why is God so hell-bent on perfection? What kind of God is unable to forgive without punishment? Why does someone have to die in order for relationship with God to take place? Can this kind of God really be trusted?
This book digs deep into the Bible as it tackles these questions head-on - with refreshing, inspiring and faith-building conclusions ... and without a single pat answer!< Less
In "If God is Love", Ulrike Hunt looks at important questions about God, for example:
- Why did God take such offense when Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit?
- Why couldn't God just... More > forgive them without punishing them with death?
- Why did God put the forbidden fruit in front of Adam and Eve in the first place if he didn't want them to eat of it?
- Why is it that dealing with human sin is at the top of God's agenda when it comes to his relationship with us?
- Why doesn't God forgive us without requiring someone's death? What kind of God is that?
Sometimes traditional answers simply throw up yet more questions ... so Ulrike looks at these questions from a different, yet still deeply rooted in Scripture, angle< Less
Yeshua Unlocked tells the story of Jesus in a unique way. It traces Jesus' life chronologically by splicing the four gospels in their entirety, without omitting anything. At the same time it... More > intertwines the cultural, political, religious and Old Testament context in which Jesus lived.
As a result the readers is brought face to face with the person of Jesus ...< Less