Gifts From A Porcupine traces the struggles and successes resulting from the family’s adoption of a young child from Bogota, Colombia. Discovery of multiple disabilities seriously challenged... More > the family—particularly, the author as both parent and professional educator. The book, therefore,
is divided into two perspectives: gifts of learning as a parent and gifts of learning as a professional. These lessons might benefit:
• Couples adopting children with special needs
• Parents and siblings of individuals with disabilities.
• Educators and educational support staff
• Professionals aiding dysfunctional families
• Members of families with bipolar disorder
This story gives promise to those seeking a positive outcome to a difficult journey.< Less