Your thyroid is your master gland of metabolism. So when it's slows down -- as is the case for as many as 50 million Americans -- you may find that losing weight becomes a losing proposition.
A... More > thyroid problem can sabotage even your best effort at weight loss!
Unfortunately, the vast majority of Americans with a thyroid condition don't even know it -- and their doctors don't suspect either. And those who are diagnosed often don't get proper treatment.
In this valuable book, thyroid patient advocate Mary J. Shomon, author of the New York Times best-selling book "The Thyroid Diet," and popular guide of the thyroid.about.com and www.thyroid-info.com websites, shares a five-point program that will help you find out if you have a thyroid condition, and what steps will help you get back on track.
This FREE e-book features a detailed "Risks and Symptoms Checklist" you can take to your doctor to help you get diagnosed and treated. Download it now, and you're on your way to a healthier, slimmer you!< Less
Millions of women suffer from hormonal problems, including early or late puberty, PMS and period problems, infertility, difficult pregnancies, low sex drive, miscarriage, perimenopause and menopausal... More > symptoms, and more. What many women -- and practitioners -- don't realize, however, is that thyroid problems may be at the root of these hormonal complaints. Best-selling author and patient advocate Mary Shomon helps you decide whether you need to make a Thyroid Hormone Breakthrough. Find out whether identifying, diagnosing and resolving your thyroid conditions might be the solution to your hormonal problems.< Less
Sticking Out Our Necks: The Thyroid Disease Newsletter (May/June 2007 Issue). This issue includes the following thyroid news and articles:
* Anxiety Disorders Linked to Thyroid Disease
*... More > Hypothyroidism Clearly Linked to Mood Swings
* New Drug Shows Promise in Treatment of Advanced Thyroid Cancer
* Thyroid Disease and Pregnancy
* Does a Total Thyroidectomy Mean You Need More Thyroid Medication?
* Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy
* The Connection Between Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and Other Autoimmune Disorders
* Which Thyroid Quality of Life Issues are Most Important
* Selenium & Antibodies
* Preventing Food-borne Illness
* Thyroid Drug Cost Comparison
* Comparison of Diet Plans Shows Better Outcomes for Low-Carb Diets
* Focus on Thyroid Cancer
* Should Doctors Treat Subclinical Hypothyroidism to Help Prevent Heart Disease?< Less
Special 16-page issue features an in-depth story on "Thyroid Medication," including how and when to take your thyroid medication, taking thyroid medication at night, the impact of a... More > high-fiber
diet, calcium, if you miss a dose, interactions with vitamins with iron, remembering to take medication, optimum time and conditions for thyroid blood tests, hot temperatures and the effect on thyroid drugs.
Other stories include:
* Special Report from Dr. Holtorf: Endocrinological Assessment and Obesity Treatment
* Study Finds High Arsenic Levels in Kelp Supplements
* Thyroid Surgery Update
* Allergic and Autoimmune Disease Linkage
* Ordering Your Own Thyroid and Hormone Testing
* Free or Low-cost Health Coverage
* Disability Insurance
* Thinking You Got a Workout May Make You Healthier
* A Healthy Chocolate Brownie?
* 12 Tips for Your Annual Physical
* Spring Allergy and Sinus Alert< Less
Sticking Out Our Necks: The Thyroid Disease Newsletter (January/February 2007) -- This issue includes the following stories and articles:
* High Doses of Thyroid Medication Needed? You May be Lactose... More > Intolerant
* New Drug in Development for Thyroid Cancer Management
* Thyroid Disease & Heart Disease Risk
* Predicting Graves’ Relapse After Antithyroid Drug Treatment
* Treatment Outcomes for Differentiated Thyroid Cancer
* Pregnant? Take Supplemental Iodine
* Selenium Supplementation in Pregnancy
* Ten Take Charge Thyroid Tips
* Thyroid Health Tip for Cats
* Why Is There Even Debate Over Female Thyroid Testing?
* Got Vitamin D?
* Weighing Benefits Of Exercise and Diets
* Exercise for Osteoporosis: The Right Amount and the Right Type
* Keeping Prescription Drugs Affordable for Seniors
* Free 30-Day Supply of Medication< Less
Sticking Out Our Necks: The Thyroid Disease Newsletter (November/December 2006) -- This issue includes the following articles and feature stories:
* Subclinical Hypothyroidism and Insulin... More > Resistance, Pre-Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
* There’s Still Time To Protect Yourself Against The Flu
* Household Items May Pose Danger During Pregnancy
* Should All Pregnant Women Have Thyroid Testing in Early Pregnancy?
* Rheumatic Diseases in Patients with Autoimmune Thyroid Disease
* Drug Company Assistance for Patients In Need
* Subclinical Hypothyroidism Treatment and Body Weight
* Thyroid Eye Disease and Radioactive Iodine
* Radioactive Iodine Therapy for Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis with Goiter
* Pulverized Thyroid Medication: Could It Help Resolve Symptoms and Fluctuating TSH?
* Low Impact Aerobic Exercise Reduces Fatigue in Autoimmune Conditions
* 10 Tips to Maintain Your Weight Over the Holidays< Less
Sticking Out Our Necks: The Thyroid Disease Newsletter (September/October 2006 issue). This issue features the following articles/news stories:
Doctors Could Benefit From Further Knowledge of... More > Thyroid Disease During Pregnancy | Ultrasound Therapy Proves Promising in Thyroid | Treating Graves' Disease During Pregnancy Is Safe | Ultrasound Best Test to Detect Recurrent Thyroid Cancer | Accurate Technique for Identifying Thyroid Cancer | Hate Broccoli? There May Be a Thyroid-Related Reason | Outpatient Thyroid Surgery Safe for Most Patients | Eating Protein Boosts Hormone That Staves Off Hunger | Want to Keep the Weight Off? Weigh Every Day | Brown Seaweed-- Fat Fighter | 44 Million Women at Risk of Thyroid Deficiency From Rocket Fuel Chemical Perchlorate | Paying Medical Bills | Should You Be Concerned About Generic Levothyroxine? | Sneak Preview of Thyroid Hormone Breakthrough< Less
Sticking Out Our Necks: The Thyroid Disease Newsletter (November/December 2005 Issue) -- This issue includes the following articles and news stories: The Twelve Ways of Winter: How to Winterize You... More > and Your Thyroid | Seasonal Affective Disorder: Promise for Winter Depression | Flu Is a Serious Health Threat | Should Thyroid Patients Get a Flu Shot? | Exercise Is the Best Protection Against Catching a Cold | Are Over-the-Counter Cold Medicines Safe for Thyroid Patients? | My TSH Test Test Results Are Normal, But I Still Have Symptoms | Medicine Cabinet Makeovers A Must | Help for Chronic Headaches and Migraines | Study Finds Thyroid Drug Cuts Colon Cancer Risk by 50% | CLA — Fatty Acid Found in Milk — May Help Control Inflammatory Diseases | Put on a Happy Face — for a Longer Life | How to Get Help Paying For Your Medicines! | HOLIDAY SPECIAL! Enjoying The Holidays Without Overindulging, Merry Myth Busters: A Guide To Holiday Eating, Avoiding Holiday Weight Gain< Less
Sticking Out Our Necks: The Thyroid Disease Newsletter (July/August 2006 Issue) features the following news stories and articles:
Everything You Need to Know About TSH | What Does the TSH Test... More > Measure? | Why is Your TSH Fluctuating? | High-Fiber Bread and Treatment for Hypothyroidism | Long Term Antithyroid Drugs Versus Withdrawl | Potassium Iodide as a Treatment for Hyperthyroidism | Does a Lower-End TSH Level Improve Quality of Life? | Percutaneous Ethanol Injection for Thyroid Cancer Recurrence | Minimally Invasive Surgery for Thyroid Cancer |
Thyroid Eye Disease | Outpatient Thyroid Surgery | Weight Gain After Thyroid Surgery | Increased Levothyroxine Needs During Pregnancy | Antipituitary Antibodies in Post-Partum Thyroiditis | Heart Disease | TSH Levels and the Role of Iodine in People Over 60 | Radioactive Treatments Can Trigger Airport Security...Even Weeks After Treatment | Hot Temperatures May be Hazardous to Your Drugs< Less