The Halloween Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.Nxe5), while not often played in a traditional tournament, is played at blitz games where the defender is not likely to figure all the subtleties... More > of the knight sacrifice in time.
He will probably not be up to theory on the opening either, figuring his time is better spent on the usual, standard openings, which everyone else plays; convinced he is more likely to face these standard openings in any given game.
It is for this reason we present 120 Halloween Gambit games. Not as much as it is sound, but because it is wild, unexpected, and quite fun to play, assuming you know the theory and your opponent does not.< Less
Need an aggressive system against the Sicilian?
Introduced by Sozin, popularized by Fischer, and played by Grandmasters, correspondence players, OTB players, and computers, the Sozin is a sharp,... More > tactical, and forceful response to the Sicilian.
With White’s bishop hitting Black’s weak point on f7, and able to castle either to the Queenside or the Kingside, White is ready to set up his attacks.
This book of over 2000 short games, with over 250 additional games, 300+ diagrams, annotations, and opening indexes, this book provides a myriad of complete games to help you learn the system and avoid the traps that can ensnare both sides. The miniatures are easy to play over; no game is over 25 moves.
Mr. Escalante earned his Candidate Master’s Title in 1992 and was the editor of Rank & File from 1995 to 1997.
His games have appeared in Rank & File, The Los Angeles Times, The Orange County Register, Chess Life, and other publications.< Less
Looking for a good word? Or maybe a better one?
This book will help you find the words that will dramatically increase your scores.
These word lists cover;
1) All two and three lettered... More > words,
2) Q without a U words. And even three words that use 2 Qs each,
3) Words with Zs, including multiple Zs (for Super Scrabble),
4) French (250 words), Spanish (250 words), Latin (200 words), Greek (150 words), Hebrew/Yiddish (450 words), German (175 words), Russian, Japanese, and even Hawaiian word lists,
5) Acceptable terms are used in Astronomy, Chess, Computers, Birds, Horses, Gods and Goddesses and more!
6) Proper nouns that can be used,
7) List of words that can help you get rid of unwanted vowels,
8) Bingos (over 2500 words) and how to create them,
All words in this book can be played in Scrabble, Super Scrabble, or Words With Friends, usually in all three games.< Less