A good Scripture reference is a priceless treasure helping you mine the golden truth from the Bible that will make you spiritually and emotionally rich.
In this little book, you’ll find... More > collections of my favorite verses, a topical categorizing of verses that apply to everyday life, and several other messages/teachings I believe speak to the most common areas of the daily Christian walk.< Less
Whether you've got a pocket digital or a DSLR you still haven't figured out... this is the digital photography guide you've been waiting for. In this fun and extremely useful guide:
* I explain... More > the digital photography thing in a way you can actually remember and use.
* I give you JUST what you really need to know
* I tell you the basics RIGHT NOW so you can start shooting better photos by lunch time… probably amazingly better.
* I help you save money by giving you the skills to do family portraits, senior pictures, baby photos and event shooting.
Here's a taste of what you get:
* A Quickstart Guide so you can try something beside Full Auto before lunchtime.
* Clearly communicated, simple definitions for all those fancy $12 technical terms you want to understand
* Tips, tricks and plain instruction for taking GREAT photos
* How software can make your photos even better
* All sorts of stuff you wish someone would have told you but didn't, and did I mention...< Less
"Twitter is a phenomenon. The 140 character tweet is now a part of the American fabric."
Twitter is a phenomenon. No doubt about it. The 140 character “what are you doing?”... More > idea has already become an icon of American life in record time.
Twitter has allowed us a glimpse back into each other’s busy life, giving us a way to keep in touch, share life and get to know each other.
Twitter became a vehicle for me to do what I love: teach, write and help people. It dawned on me that a book comprised entirely of tweets might really interest a world that embraces soundbites and quick moving thoughts.
Think about them one at a time. Or read a couple of pages and find the one that really speaks to what is happening in your life.
My prayer is that you will grow spiritually...
one tweet at a time.< Less
Perhaps the most common question Christians have is “how do I know God’s will?” This can be voiced many ways:
• How do I know I’m doing what God wants?
• Will God... More > approve of my decision?
• Is this the best decision I can make?
• Will God still bless me, care for me, protect me and guide me if I make a decision that is not THE very best in His eyes?
• Can I be secure in my decision?
• Does my life overall reflect that I know God’s will for it?
• Is my life being affected because I’m not in God’s will?
• I want to do what God wants but how can I know for sure?
In this humble little guide, I will present to you principles, questions and of course, Scripture, that layout out a predictable groundwork that will help you know God’s will about the entire scope of life… the big questions, the little choices and the life changing opportunities that require a decision.< Less
Porn is instantly available to anyone with a computer, cell phone, iPad or a broadband connection.
Millions are suffering the destruction and heartbreak that porn delivers. Christians are no more... More > immune to this scourge than the world, and it is the whispered secret of churches that pews are filled with men AND women who have a porn habit. Marriages, families, communities and churches are being eaten from the inside out by the cancer of porn.
How big is the porn problem? Are Christians affected?
Is porn a male issue? Are women into porn?
Whose fault is your porn problem?
How do good people end up ruined by porn?
Real answers from real people about porn
How porn affects kids, singles and marriages, porn in the marriage bed
How porn affects churches, what God says about porn
The signs that someone is viewing porn, how to check for porn
How to confront your husband, wife or kids about porn
Helping someone who has a porn problem
How to block porn from a computer
How to have victory over porn< Less
We believe humor is healthy, wholesome, and necessary. Godly too.
This little book is a compilation of my (hopefully) humorous musings from the last couple of years.
Our family blog is subtitled... More > “Where Laughter Lives” (www.riggsfamilyblog.com). We chose that because humor is a part of our daily family life. It’s a good thing too. With nine kids, we NEED to have times to laugh. Humor keeps things grounded, light-hearted, and enjoyable.
To say our life and family are hallmarked by humor is not to say we think life is a joke or there are not plenty of things to be serious about. There are seasons when somberness is our main course for sure, and we’ve known our share of completely serious times. Taken as a whole though, our family enjoys the funny moments in life and humor is cultivated in our house on purpose.
We believe it is healthy, wholesome, and necessary. Godly too.< Less
For several decades, I've noticed that most Christians, new or not, cannot define the basics of Christianity or explain what they believe. They know their job, their sports, their hobbies and pop... More > culture but shrivel when confronted with communicating the basic concepts and principles of the faith they believe has saved them.
I decided that the best way to teach new, spiritually immature or Biblically uneducated Christians the essentials of the Christianity is to:
• Emphasize and illustrate the basics of Christianity
• Explain and define a list the foundational Christian
concepts God has revealed in the Bible
• Give a "starter list" of some behavior, attitudes and practices you
should be developing as part of the basic Christian life.
This is a STARTING POINT for new Christians, or Christians who have never learned the basics.< Less