* A psychologist gives a non-technical overview of developmental disabilities.
* EMPATHETIC LEARNING is promoted through stories of real individuals.
* Vibrant storytelling keeps the... More > information lively.
* Speaks simply and directly to caregivers.
* Gives direct care staff training, ideas, and motivation, so they can provide better service, find more joy in their work, and reduce the stress that can lead to staff turnover.
* Excellent for in-service training, as well as for individual study.
This book is for those who provide direct supports to individuals with developmental disabilities. It is designed to make up for some of the training and experience gaps of those on the front lines. The audience includes direct care staff, case managers, supervisors, families, and others.< Less