This book details the adventure of the 3rd iteration of the famed JRunners Relay Race, in which Martin Bodek coaxed each of the runners to detail the race from their perspective. No other running... More > book has ever brought the points of view from each participant in a race. Also included are runner inputs from the first two editions of the race, a history of JRunners, and a complete picture of the club and its impassioned members.< Less
This book is the King James Version of the first term of George W. Bush's presidency.
Get it? No? Well, general narrative samples include:
• The transfer of power from Clinton to Bush,... More > which appropriates the narrative of Moses passing the leadership to Joshua.
• Bush's overseas visits, which uses the narrative of the Israelites moving from place to place during their sojourn in the Sinai Desert.
• Bush's decision to invade Iraq, which occurs when God appears to him in a burning bush and declares that Bush declare to Pharaoh Hussein to “let my Iraqi people go.”
Get it now? No? How about the first three sentences to get a feel?:
1. After the rule of Clinton the servant of the Lord, it came to pass that the Lord spoke to Bush the son of Bush, saying,
2. “Clinton My servant is gone. Now therefore, arise, go over this Mississippi, you and all your emissaries, to the land which I am giving to them, to the king’s cabinet.
Now you got it. (right?)< Less
Martin Bodek spent a year encountering the nose-pickers, nail-clippers, cellphone-yappers, lane cut-offers, people who stand akimbo, child slappers, personal space invaders, stores that have cashiers... More > who can't decipher coupons, customer service idiots, the rude, the people who need BlackBerry helmets, line cutters, public masturbators, escalator mudsticks, teenagers discussing what liquids induce abortion, and decided to write about it. This is what he wrote.< Less