Search Results: 'thyroid eye disease'
Thyroid Diseases, Conditions, Autoimmunity and Cancers
There are many diseases that affect thyroid function, including those that cause hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, thyroid swelling (goiter), tumors in the gland (nodules), thyroid eye disease and... More > thyroid cancer.
This e-book looks at these conditions of thyroid dysfunction in some detail and the diseases that cause them including thyroid autoimmunity.
The subjects addressed in the chapters include signs and symptoms of thyroid disorders, their diagnosis and treatments. Types of goiters, nodules and cancers of the thyroid gland are also discussed in addition to surgical procedures for them and post-op treatments.< Less
Thyroid Newsletter -- November/December 2006
Sticking Out Our Necks: The Thyroid Disease Newsletter (November/December 2006) -- This issue includes the following articles and feature stories:
* Subclinical Hypothyroidism and Insulin... More > Resistance, Pre-Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
* There’s Still Time To Protect Yourself Against The Flu
* Household Items May Pose Danger During Pregnancy
* Should All Pregnant Women Have Thyroid Testing in Early Pregnancy?
* Rheumatic Diseases in Patients with Autoimmune Thyroid Disease
* Drug Company Assistance for Patients In Need
* Subclinical Hypothyroidism Treatment and Body Weight
* Thyroid Eye Disease and Radioactive Iodine
* Radioactive Iodine Therapy for Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis with Goiter
* Pulverized Thyroid Medication: Could It Help Resolve Symptoms and Fluctuating TSH?
* Low Impact Aerobic Exercise Reduces Fatigue in Autoimmune Conditions
* 10 Tips to Maintain Your Weight Over the Holidays< Less
Thyroid Newsletter -- July/August 2006
Sticking Out Our Necks: The Thyroid Disease Newsletter (July/August 2006 Issue) features the following news stories and articles:
Everything You Need to Know About TSH | What Does the TSH Test... More > Measure? | Why is Your TSH Fluctuating? | High-Fiber Bread and Treatment for Hypothyroidism | Long Term Antithyroid Drugs Versus Withdrawl | Potassium Iodide as a Treatment for Hyperthyroidism | Does a Lower-End TSH Level Improve Quality of Life? | Percutaneous Ethanol Injection for Thyroid Cancer Recurrence | Minimally Invasive Surgery for Thyroid Cancer |
Thyroid Eye Disease | Outpatient Thyroid Surgery | Weight Gain After Thyroid Surgery | Increased Levothyroxine Needs During Pregnancy | Antipituitary Antibodies in Post-Partum Thyroiditis | Heart Disease | TSH Levels and the Role of Iodine in People Over 60 | Radioactive Treatments Can Trigger Airport Security...Even Weeks After Treatment | Hot Temperatures May be Hazardous to Your Drugs< Less
The Best Darn Hyperthyroidism eBook!
Hyperthyroid conditions account for about 20% of thyroid disease cases. The causes of an overactive thyroid gland can be varied but the most common cause is an autoimmune condition called Graves'... More > disease. Complications can also occur with hyperthyroidism, including Thyroid Eye Disease, toxic diffuse goiter, hot nodules and myopathy of the muscles. Some hyperthyroid conditions can become life-threatening as well (i.e. thyroid storm).
These and other subjects related to hyperthyroidism, including symptoms, diagnosis and treatments are discussed in this resource which could very possibly be the best ebook available on the subject of overactive thyroid conditions - hyperthyroidism!< Less