This HARDBACK book covers, in part, the last 513 years of the various families and its members that resulted in the joining of the Schmidt and Pflager families when Darthea Pflager married Donald... More > Albert Schmidt in 1940.
We will learn about the emigration of:
1. Jorg Phillip Klingman (Clingman) and Hans George Frederick Pflager and their families' emigration from Germany to Pennsylvania and later about the lives of Henry Wilt Pflager and sons Harry Miller Pflager and Charles W. Pflager, both of whom worked at the Pullman Company;
2. Giles Slocum emigration from England to Rhode Island;
3. Walter Dean, John Titus, and the John Bourne families' emigration from England to Massachusetts;
4. Gayen Miller, a Quaker, emigration from Ireland to Pennsylvania.
5. Christian Schmidt emigration from Germany to Iowa, just before the Civil War.
Also reviewed is Samuel Clingman's journey from York, PA to Chicago, IL.< Less