Millions of Americans are suffering from hair loss due to undiagnosed thyroid disease. And thyroid patients with continuing hair loss problems need practical solutions to resolve their hair... More > issues.
This 100-page Guide, from the nation's leading thyroid patient advocate and best-selling author Mary Shomon, helps hair loss sufferers understand the triggers and causes, get proper hormonal and thyroid diagnosis and treatment, and slow, stop or even reverse hormone- and thyroid-related hair loss.< Less
Millions of Americans are suffering from hair loss due to undiagnosed thyroid disease. And thyroid patients with continuing hair loss problems need practical solutions to resolve their hair issues.... More > This 100-page Guide, from the nation's leading thyroid patient advocate and best-selling author Mary Shomon, helps hair loss sufferers understand the problem, get proper thyroid diagnosis and treatment, and slow, stop or even reverse thyroid-related hair loss.< Less
Sticking Out Our Necks: The Thyroid Disease Newsletter (May/June 2007 Issue). This issue includes the following thyroid news and articles:
* Anxiety Disorders Linked to Thyroid Disease
*... More > Hypothyroidism Clearly Linked to Mood Swings
* New Drug Shows Promise in Treatment of Advanced Thyroid Cancer
* Thyroid Disease and Pregnancy
* Does a Total Thyroidectomy Mean You Need More Thyroid Medication?
* Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy
* The Connection Between Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and Other Autoimmune Disorders
* Which Thyroid Quality of Life Issues are Most Important
* Selenium & Antibodies
* Preventing Food-borne Illness
* Thyroid Drug Cost Comparison
* Comparison of Diet Plans Shows Better Outcomes for Low-Carb Diets
* Focus on Thyroid Cancer
* Should Doctors Treat Subclinical Hypothyroidism to Help Prevent Heart Disease?< Less
Special 16-page issue features an in-depth story on "Thyroid Medication," including how and when to take your thyroid medication, taking thyroid medication at night, the impact of a... More > high-fiber
diet, calcium, if you miss a dose, interactions with vitamins with iron, remembering to take medication, optimum time and conditions for thyroid blood tests, hot temperatures and the effect on thyroid drugs.
Other stories include:
* Special Report from Dr. Holtorf: Endocrinological Assessment and Obesity Treatment
* Study Finds High Arsenic Levels in Kelp Supplements
* Thyroid Surgery Update
* Allergic and Autoimmune Disease Linkage
* Ordering Your Own Thyroid and Hormone Testing
* Free or Low-cost Health Coverage
* Disability Insurance
* Thinking You Got a Workout May Make You Healthier
* A Healthy Chocolate Brownie?
* 12 Tips for Your Annual Physical
* Spring Allergy and Sinus Alert< Less