Suitable both for beginners and those with some programming experience, this book will guide you step-by-step through the development of a desktop application written using the Java programming language. No prior knowledge is assumed, and each step is clearly explained so you can follow along in your own time.
In this book you will learn:
- How to apply essential object-oriented concepts;
- How to define classes, interfaces, variables & methods;
- How to use conditional statements, arrays, loops and sorts;
- How to structure your application to make it easy to write, enhance and maintain;
- How to properly document, test and debug your programs;
- How to use threads to make your program run more than one process as the same time;
- How to design and develop a user-friendly graphical user interface using buttons, labels, text fields, drop-down selectors, checkboxes, radio buttons, sliders, menu-bars, icon toolbars, etc.
- How to save your program's data to a disk file.
Lulu Staff has been notified of a possible violation of the terms of our Membership Agreement. Our agents will determine if the content reported is inappropriate or not based on the guidelines provided and will then take action where needed.
Thank you for notifying us. We will email you with the results and/or actions taken as a result of the investigation if you chose to receive confirmation.